Have you ever hit a fitness plateau, where you just aren’t making any headway toward your goals, no matter what you do? Or how about not even knowing where to begin? Maybe you feel intimidated by the machines at the gym. Or are you one of those people who jump into a fitness program with both feet but quit only a few weeks later, and repeat that process throughout the year?
Often, figuring out your exercise intensity level can solve all of these problems. If you’re a beginner, you won’t be afraid to start. If you’ve repeatedly quit a program due to it’s difficulty, then maybe you were working out too hard. And if you’ve hit the dreaded fitness plateau, often minor intensity adjustments can give you great gains.
Heart Rate Training can help.
- In order to reach your fitness goals, you need to exercise at the right intensity.
- Heart rate is the only accurate measurement of your intensity or your exertion level.
- Fitness equipment with HR Programming is the easiest way to continuously measure your heart rate to meet your fitness goals.
There are specific Target Heart Rate Zones that help guide you to the right intensity. Each HR Zone is a range, from a low to high heart rate, that is based on a percentage of your maximum heart rate.
- Warm-up Zone – Heart Rate at 50 – 60% Max. Ideal for before you begin each workout.
- Fat-Burning Zone – Heart Rate at 60 – 70% Max. For beginners, weight loss, recovery and body builders.
- Cardio Zone – Heart Rate at 70 – 80% Max. Improves cardio-respiratory fitness, weight loss, endurance and athletic training.
- Performance Training Zone - Heart Rate at 80 – 90% Max. For advanced athletes and interval training.
Many cardio machines offer Heart Rate Training programs that will not only calculate your target heart rate, but also adjust to keep you exercising in your ideal heart rate zone. If you would like more information on these types of machines, CLICK HERE TO CONTACT US.