Pumpkin Turkey Soup
This comforting autumn soup is filled with creamy pumpkin and savory turkey, while keeping it low-carb and high protein. And it’s a great way to use up your leftover Thankgsiving turkey!
- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small butternut squash, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, minced
- 1 lb shredded cooked turkey
- 1 (14oz) can diced tomatoes in sauce
- 1 (14oz) can pumpkin
- 4 cups fat free chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup parsley, chopped
In a large soup pot, place the coconut oil over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook for 3 minutes, until tender. Add the butternut squash and ginger. Cook for 5 minutes.
Add the turkey, tomatoes, pumpkin, broth, salt and pepper to the soup pot. Cover and cook over low heat for 40 minutes. Stir in the chopped parsley and cook, uncovered for another 10 minutes. Serve warm.