Some fun activities for the entire family on a holiday weekend, that will keep everyone moving and active:
- Museums – You’ll burn more calories walking around the exhibits than you would sitting in front of the TV or lazing about in a lawn chair.
- Farmer’s Markets & Flea Markets – They can be loads of fun, usually featuring music, and you can have fun walking around looking at local’s wares.
- Fly A Kite – You’ll be surprised at just how far you end up walking or running.
- Swim Time – The shore or a pool are fun ways to play in the sun – but try keeping it active by encouraging swimming contests, tossing a beach ball, or playing frisbee.
- Garden – Some of us, me included, love gardening. If it’s something you enjoy, weeding, digging, mowing,..are all activities that will burn calories and keep you sweating.
- Golf Time – Lose the golf carts and walk the course. Or if mini-golf is more your speed, it will still keep you up and moving around instead of lounging on a couch.
- Holiday Sales – I call it retail therapy. Browse your local shops and stores, you’ll be surprised how many steps you clock on your pedometer.
- Bowling – It’s great for rainy weekends or evenings. It’s fun that everyone of all age groups can enjoy.