According to research from the Calorie Control Council, the average American may consume more than 4,500 calories and a whopping 229 grams of fat from a traditional Thanksgiving dinner with turkey and all the trimmings. That’s the equivalent of more than twice the average daily calorie intake and almost 3.5 times the fat. In fact, the average person may consume enough fat at a holiday meal to equal three sticks of butter!
How will your Thanksgiving Dinner stack up?
- 1 cup Mashed Potatoes, 237 cal & 8.9g fat
- 1 cup Green Bean Casserole, 230 cal & 10.6g fat
- 1 cup Candied Yams, 203 cal & 4.0g fat
- 1 cup Canned Cranberry Sauce, 418 cal & 0.4g fat
- 1 cup Stuffing, 350 cal & 6.3g fat
- 1 cup Turkey Gravy, 100 cal & 4g fat
- 1 Biscuit, 128 cal & 5.8g fat
- 1 Dinner Roll, 84 cal & 2g fat
- 1 pat Butter, 36 cal & 4.1g fat
- 3oz Turkey Breast with Skin, 134 cal & 6g fat
- 3oz Turkey Breast without Skin, 88 cal & 1.4g fat
- 3oz Turkey Dark Meat with Skin, 136 cal & 7.5g fat
- 3oz Turkey Dark Mean without Skin, 106 cal & 3.7g fat
- 1 slice Pumpkin Pie, 323 cal & 14.6g fat
- 1 slice Apple Pie, 411 cal & 19.4g fat
- 1 slice Pecan Pie, 456 cal & 21.1g fat
- 1 cup Whipped Cream, 154 cal & 13g fat
- 1 cup Vanilla Ice Cream, 289 cal & 15.8g fat
** Calories are averages of generic food product.